Diwali (The festival of lights) Card using pattern background and ink direct to paper techniques


Hello Friends!!

Hope you all are having a wonderful day. Yes, the most celebrated festival of India, “Diwali” - the festival of lights is here. And I am really excited to share my card with you.

Diwali

Whenever I see a good stamp set, I visualize using it as a pattern in my card. This is exactly how I felt about the Diwali Fun stamp set from Craftyscrappers – the small stamps are perfect for this repeat pattern technique.

I stamped a cracker pattern using Versafine onyx black ink (my favorite black ink) on Neenah 110 Lb Solar White Cardstock. I already had in my mind “ink direct to paper technique” for coloring these cracker pattern. In this technique you add color from your ink pad to paper directly.



Using the technique, I added My Favorite Things premium dye inks Insulation pink, Bubblegum, Pink Lemonade, Sunshine, Daffodil and Steel Blue, little offside on the stamped image.



I then stamped the sentiment with the help of black ink on a pink strip I made using the same Bubblegum ink. After that I foam mounted the sentiment on my card panel.
For my card base I used HNDMD Earl Grey cardstock which was perfect with my soft ink palette. Last but not the least, it’s Diwali so how could I have not added some glitter to the card. I did so with the help of my spectrum noir pen.


Hope you liked my card, thank you so much. I am glad you guys are here.



Comments

  1. This looks so beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along at Prika Oct challenge. Good Luck.

    -Shweta, Prika CI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually a cute one..
    Loved it!
    All the best! Thank for playing along at Prika
    CI Prika
    Kirti Gupta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts